What is Pinterest?
Pinterest helps you organize and share all the beautiful things you find on the web– it’s a visual way to bookmark things that interest you. People use pinboards for things like decorating their homes, and organizing their favorite recipes. Folks can also browse pinboards created by other people to discover new things and get inspiration from people who share similar interests. As a result Pinterest can definitely be a useful tool in expanding your company’s marketing imprint further, particularly if you’re consumer focused.
So how can Pinterest help you delight with your customers?
Because it promotes the curation of information in a very visual way, people are using Pinterest as a resource to find things they like. More importantly, Pinterest users aren’t restricted to searching information only pinned on their friends’ walls- so you’re able to reach more people than on Facebook. As a result Pinterest could drive a lot of traffic back to your site if you provide fun beautiful content. The network now beats Youtube, Reddit, Google+, LinkedIn and MySpace for percentage of total referral traffic in January, according to a Shareaholic study.
Some ideas for boards you can create:
- Threads We Love (great t-shirts- yours and others)
- Cool Office Spaces (inspirational locations and interiors)
- Yumz For Geeks (food and drinks themed around computers, gaming, coding)
- Accessories For Nerds (your swag, jewelry, ties, pen holders, etc)
- Crafts For Nerds (diy ideas for tech related projects like 3D printers, robot napkins, etc)
- Great Reads (good books your customers might enjoy)
- Design Inspiration (illustrations & typography)
- Spotted (your swag out and about on fans)
And for additional inspiration, check out some startups currently rocking Pinterest:
Furthermore, there are now a number of Pinterest knock-offs that might make sense for your company to have a presence on, so be sure to check them out too– like wanelo and more. But where ever you take your brand, be sure it will help you reach the right people and that you add positively to the community!