The Company: Wistia is an internet video company that was founded in April 2006 by Brown University graduates Chris Savage and Brendan Schwartz. These days its a small group of guys (and gals) that are obsessed with online video and the benefits it can bring to any business. They’ve developed applications to help companies track the ways consumers watch, use and interact with online videos, and as such provide hosting, managing, and tracking of video statistics.
The Philosophy: For their office Wistia wanted to foster creativity and allow for comfort. Since they believe that whiteboards are great for unbounded creativity (they encourage people to brainstorm and sketch ideas, turn lists into diagrams and flowcharts, and express concepts and relationships instead of getting hung up on particulars), Wistia included a lot of those.
- Open floor plan with individual desks
- Separate rooms for meetings
- Whiteboard walls & whiteboard tables
- Ping-pong area
- Lots of food
- A semi-scary treehouse
What We Love:
- Didn’t you just read there’s a treehouse; need I say more!?
- Plenty of space to jot down your ideas
- A combination of rooms for private meetings with open space for accidental collaboration
What’s your favorite part of their space?
(If you’d like to submit your company to be featured, feel free to drop us a line at email@example.com.)