The Company: Contently was founded in December 2010 in New York City by Joe Coleman, Dave Goldberg, and Shane Snow. Basically Contently helps journalists, media companies, and brands connect and become better publishers. Their passion lies in helping freelancers succeed, and in doing so allowing anyone to become a publisher. At Contently, they’re devoting their lives to leveling the playing field for the hungry and talented creators and publishers out there!
The Philosophy: Contently makes its home in a 4,000 square-foot space in SoHo, right at the intersection of Broadway and Houston. The team thrives in an open, bright, and spacious office that feeds creativity, collaborative, and innovation. With communal desks, plenty of dry-erase surfaces to write on, and an internal chat room running at all hours, the team is always in collaboration mode. A family at heart, the Contently team believes in having fun and has outfitted its space with toys to drive its playful whims – a flying shark, turntables, and a mini basketball set make for a fun environment. When the team isn’t working or playing, its sharing communal lunches in the “living room,” going on monthly field trips around New York City, or enjoying the weekly team happy hour.
- 4,000 square feet of open floor space
- Two meeting rooms
- Four rows of parallel desks
- Full kitchen, stocked with snacks
- Flying remote control shark
- Dry-erase walls, tables, and whiteboards
- Technic 1200 turntables with stacks and stacks of accompanying LPs
- Beautiful view of the bustling NYC streets below through wall-to-wall windows
- 100% pet-friendly space, frequented by three pup interns
What We Love:
- Come on, there’s a flying shark!
- Pets bring a great chemistry to an office, so it’s cool they’re regulars
- They’ve got a work hard play hard attitude and their space reflects that
- Crazy beautiful view
- Spacious rooms for bringing together a community of writers in person for a meetup
- Tunes and an in-house DJ
Pretty sweet office. What’s your favorite part of their space?
(Interested in having your company featured? Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.)