The Company: Sydney based Campaign Monitor makes it easy to attract new subscribers, send them beautiful email newsletters, and see stunning reports on the results. The company was started in 2004 by Ben Richardson and David Greiner in their last year of college, with a focus on web design.
The Philosophy: In their experience, the ideal office environment is about finding the right balance between socializing and getting stuff done. Too much of one or the other has its downsides, but there are some fundamentals you can put in place to help get that balance right. It should be easy for everyone to remove any distractions, put their head down and get into the zone. Just as importantly, they should be able to take a break, hang out with other members of the team and generally switch off. To make this happen, they teamed up with the same architects who designed their last office and gave them this simple brief:
- Closed offices for everyone.
- Large dining area where we can all eat lunch together.
- Enough space to cater for our ping pong obsession.
And you can view even more pictures here.
- 40 big well lit private offices with closeable doors- more than enough for the 20 staff in their Sydney office with plenty of room to grow
- A ping pong room that also houses a growing library
- A lounge and video-gaming area
- A large kitchen with two long back to back tables for seating
What We Love:
- Private spaces to get into the zone without disruption
- Huge lunch room where everyone eats together (as the best conversations almost always happen over a meal)
- A programmable coffee machine so staff can set up their own coffee profiles for the perfect cup– wowzas talk about morning delight!
What’s your favorite part of their space?
(If you’d like to submit your company to be featured, feel free to drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.)