We understand that if you’re working at a startup you’re pretty freaking busy. Which means you’re mostly married to your job, but stepping away from your work can often times give you the perspective you need to solve your latest problem. So why not enjoy tonight out on the town? Here’s a list of the 10 best geek pick up lines, guaranteeing you an amazing Friday night:
- Let’s get together and merge our layers.
- I’d put you in my ‘Babe’ circle on Google+.
- You must be tired because you’ve been streaming through my RSS feed all day.
- You make my heart Twitter.
- Can iTouch?
- I know you’re a complete stranger, but I’d gladly waste one of my Pinterest invitations on you.
- You can put a Trojan on my Hard Drive anytime.
- I just added you to The Hit List (my GTD iphone app).
- I totally Digg you.
- I’d like to be the mayor of your bed.
- Bonus: I’d like to pin you to my head board.
Know any others? Feel free to share your secrets of success below!
“Every kid underestimates his competition, and overestimates his chances. Every kid is a sucker for the idea that there’s a way to make it without having to do the actual hard work.
The bars of West Hollywood, London, and New York are awash with people throwing their lives away in the desperate hope of finding a shortcut, any shortcut. Meanwhile the competition is at home, working their asses off.”
Hugh MacLeod‘s book Ignore Everybody via Derek Sivers
“When I think about the relationships I’ve developed … they evolve over a period of time. They don’t require boondoggles or fancy things; they require sincerity and substantive interaction over a long period of time. Then, when there are moments of opportunity, these are the people that I go to (and hopefully who come to me).”
Brad Feld, on How not to start a relationship.